Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. We’re all familiar with them…and they can be pretty powerful tools if utilized correctly. In our previous campaign, #TrafficIsKey, we talked about how these platforms aren’t going anywhere any time soon, and why you should be taking advantage of them. Everyone always talks about getting leads, but nobody ever really takes the time to talk about how to manage those leads.
Today, we’re going to kick off this #LeadManagement series, by talking about what to do, once you get leads from Real Estate Directories.
Managing Leads from Real Estate Directories
How you manage these lead will be different based on the simple fact that:
- They don’t know who you are
- They have no idea why you’re calling
- They’re most likely getting calls from other real estate agents as well
Now, some key takeaways from this should be:
- Lead response time is immensely important.
- Responding instantly to inquiries can increase your lead conversion rate by up to 391%
- There is nearly a 400% difference in lead response rates by responding to inquiries within the first two minutes. (according to Zillow’s Premier Agent Forums)
- Beyond two minutes, response rate drops dramatically.
Best practices for responding to lead from Real Estate Directories.
- Respond immediately when clients reach out
- Allow clients time to respond as they consider this major investment decision
- Respect their preferred communication style
- Be specific with your message
- Detail the next steps so they understand why you need a response
- Keep your emails short: Include only three clarifying questions at a time
- Save some of the details for follow-up emails
- Remind clients about past communications, but avoid mentioning their lack of response
- Leave out sensitive information; don’t put it in an email if you don’t want a paper trail
- Include a CTA (call to action)
- Don’t pressure them by threatening them with a final email
- Don’t give up on nurturing leads
Make sure to stay tuned each every week for the latest #LeadManagement Content!
Script for sending a follow-up email after no response from a buyer You already emailed a buyer to introduce yourself and your services but haven’t heard back yet. Pick up where you left off in your next real estate follow-up email. To avoid sounding too aggressive, remind the buyer of the topic you discussed earlier. Subject: Your question on (Real Estate Directory) Hi, [Contact name]: Thanks again for contacting me about the house at [address] on [conversation date]. I just wanted to touch base with you, one to introduce myself and two, I’m just checking in on you since I haven’t heard back. Are you still interested in receiving more information on that particular listing? If there’s anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to ask! Also, I found several other listings that are very similar to the one you requested that I think you might be interested in or at least take a look at, should I send those your way? In the meantime, please visit my website [website link] or, if you have any questions, feel free to email or call me at [your number]. Talk to you soon,[Agent signature]
Script for sending a follow-up email after no response from a seller
Check to see if the seller is still interested in selling their home. Sending a follow-up email saying that you’ll be sending over a custom home valuation report for their property. This shows that you mean business and are ready to act. Subject line: [Contact name], let’s chat about selling your home Hi, [Contact name]: Thanks again for taking a minute to chat with me on [conversation date] about selling your home. I strive to make the selling experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Is [previously discussed date range] still your timeline for selling your home? I will create a custom home valuation report for your property and get in touch with you shortly with the finished report. In the meantime, please visit my website [website link] or, if you have any questions, feel free to email or call me at [your number]. Thanks again for your time! [Agent signature] When texting your leads, remember this golden rule: Would I really read and reply to this myself? Here are some tips for upping your response rates:
- Don’t Try to Include Everything In One Text: Send something that requires a short reply that encourages back and forth communication.
- Questions Generate Responses: When initially trying to strike up a conversation, sending a question works well. Most people won’t ignore a question and it gives you a chance to use their answers to persuade them in a targeted direction. “I was curious, John. What’s your ideal timeframe for selling your home?”
- If You Send a Link, Create Conversation About It: Don’t just text someone a link to your website in hopes that they will visit and get back to you. Make some conversation, e.g. “New homes just hit www.myresite.com, have you seen them John?”
- Inject a Healthy Dose of Personality: No one wants to feel like they’re communicating with a robot. If it’s more like you to use can’t instead of cannot – do it. If you are a fiend for emojis – use them. People are more likely to remember text messages that stand out, like, 123 Front Street has a huuuge backyard and a sunny bay window, making it super friendly! Might be right up your alley, want to see it?” (insert Emoji Here)
Here’s a great text exsample: Hey, (contact_first_name)Since you like (inquiry_address), would you be interested in seeing more homes like it? This message works because:
- It gives them a chance to reply.
- It’s an easy question.
- You’re not overloading them with information.
We also recommend nixing the text signature. It can distract from the call to action, which in this case, is to reply so you all can talk about more homes. Plus, they can easily just choose to call the number from which you’re texting.
If you have absolutely any questions at all, or are interested in joining our network of countless realtors and brokers, then do not hesitate to contact us at (866) 808-7711 or send us an email at [email protected]. Stay tuned for our blog posts every Monday #AEBlogs
Top Notch Real Estate Articles & Resources: https://eliteinformer.com/ Boost your network: https://agentelite.com/boost-your-ae-network/ Contact us at (866) 808-7711 or visit us at agentelite.com Want to watch more How-To videos? Click here to watch more on our YouTube Channel Check us out on our Instagram or Facebook Want to sign up or need help setting up a portion of your website? Email us at [email protected]